Survey: Employee Selection & Hiring
In June we asked our members several questions about their employee hiring and selection processes. Over 650 members responded.
This survey will show you what other independent restaurants are doing to successfully to find, select and hire hourly employees. Some of the responses are unconventional and reflect a high degree of creativity. Learning what's working for other independent restaurant operations should give you many valuable ideas to improve your own recruiting and hiring systems.
Here are some of the questions we asked:
- What activity is currently providing the greatest number of qualified job applicants?
- What type of screening activities do you perform prior to an in-person interview?
- What is the most reliable tool(s) to evaluate applicants?
- What is the most important characteristic or trait that you look for in an hourly applicant and how do you find out if someone has it?
- If you could dramatically improve one aspect of your hiring process what would it be?
Click here to see the survey responses:
Here are some resources that will help you improve your hiring sytems: