Survey: Employee Selection & Hiring
In June we asked our members several questions about their employee hiring and selection processes. Over 650 members responded.
In this survey we seek to determine common traits in restaurants that successfully hire, train, and retain their employees, as well as find the areas they wish they could improve. Some of the responses may be surprising, or may not work in all job markets, but we hope that seeing what other independent restaurants owners are trying will help improve your hiring systems in the future.
Here are some of the questions we asked:
- What activity is currently providing the greatest number of qualified job applicants?
- What type of screening activities do you perform prior to an in-person interview?
- What is the most reliable tool(s) to evaluate applicants?
- What is the most important characteristic or trait that you look for in an hourly applicant and how do you find out if someone has it?
- If you could dramatically improve one aspect of your hiring process what would it be?
Click here to see the survey responses:
Here are some resources that will help you improve your hiring sytems: